Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Sunday, July 13, 2014

Silly Site o' the Day

I can feel it, like an itch, just dying to return. It's in the back of my head now but will soon be in the forefront. I need to find my writing legs again. It's coming. It's coming for Ari of Lemuria. It's coming for Megillat Vashti. It's coming for projects I haven't even thought of yet. My brain kept it at bay for so long, with excuses like "I have to read things before I write, and I'll never finish all the reading I want to do." But that's a convenient lie. I read more when I write, because writing energizes me. So will it be here tomorrow? By the end of the year? Before I hit 60? Who knows? But the itch has made its presence known again, so that's good news. In the meantime, via email from Tom and Lili, owners of five wonderful felines and our conveyor-belt sushi lunch companions from yesterday, here are some more Sushi Cats. And really, for inspiration can you ever have too many of those?

0 comments: