Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Silly Site o' the Day

Today was my first RenFaire day since Leah passed away, as Robin and I attended with my godson's mother Terri and her new girlfriend Nilsa. It was a lovely day, relatively bee-free, I had my requisite mead, and bought a pretty hat about an hour too late to avoid a nasty sunburn. Overall though a lovely time, marred only by the aforementioned skin woes and a poorly planned (on my part) hike through the woods, uphill all the way, to get from where Terri's car was parked to the full-up lot adjacent to the RenFaire - great cardio workout but not really what I'd planned! Between that and the sun's effects we were wiped by 2 PM; next time, better planning, more sunscreen and a hat, and definitely boarding the shuttle bus to travel between parking lots! Speaking of the Renaissance, here are some wacky animated GIFs based on Renaissance paintings (via Laughing Squid).

0 comments: