Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Silly Site o' the Day

I don't know whether it's age or the jury duty stress of Wednesday and Thursday, but I just didn't have my expected energy level these past few days to really "do" New York Comic Con properly, so I was fairly content to spend most of my time with Robin at his table. Today was especially rewarding because it was Kids' Day and he was doing free quickie sketches for the young'uns, so I got to see him knock 'em out as I sat there pretty much in awe. I'm proud to be my husband's groupie! Proud, but thoroughly exhausted. Next year I really have to rethink my vacation days, I should probably take off the entire week, or at least the Monday after the con. I've also got to plan better beforehand; this year with everything going on at the office and with that jury duty, I was really off my game. Needless to say, I also didn't know what characters most of the cosplayers were supposed to be, because my knowledge of, say, animation stops around the late'80s or early '90s with classics such as...



Via io9, members of whom I'm sure were there today as well but I couldn't tell you where...

0 comments: