Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Friday, October 17, 2014

Silly Site o' the Day

Phew, am I home yet? Tough day for this desk jockey, spent most of it entering information into the world's longest expense report, and the software kept getting slower and slower until I found myself transported to memories of the early '90s, waiting for my 2400 baud modem to connect and the simplest of emails to download. The ingrown toenail keeps getting worse as well, and naturally today was comics shopping day. I was wiped by the time I took the stairwell down from Midtown Comics (did I mention that descending stairs makes the toe hurt more than anything else?), and laden with two heavy bags I still had to hobble two blocks over to catch the express bus at Bryant Park - which was, naturally, over half an hour in coming. I'm so glad I'm getting this toe taken care of tomorrow morning! I'm even happier that I've taken Monday off and will finally have some down time to recover from jury duty, NYCC and a week's worth of workload. Maybe I'll even make a dent in my blog reading again. Although I have plenty of Silly Sites saved up, so how about the history of the English language in handy dandy chart form? Thanks, io9!

0 comments: