Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Silly Site o' the Day

Today was our annual sojourn to VE Macy Park to take fall foliage photos, which have been posted to my Facebook page. Ever since the hurricane a few years back the park just isn't that spectacular. Now we get a lot of trees still green and others that have already lost their leaves; the harmony of past years is no longer in evidence. We might try again next Sunday if I'm up to it. The foot is coming along fine but I'm still recovering from so many body aches as a result of having to walk differently because of the ingrown nail that my body hasn't been up to ironing, so I plan to do that before and after my cardio appointment tomorrow, if the sun stays bright long enough (our living room overhead light is currently on the fritz awaiting landlord repair). I wouldn't mind making a dent in my DVR watching and blog reading either, but I think that'll wind up waiting until after the World Series. At least I can watch clever Sesame Street segments, though:



Via The Mary Sue. Love them Rube Goldberg machines, and love the way Sesame Street gets kids jazzed about science!

0 comments: