Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Silly Sites o' the Day

This year we're spending Thanksgiving at my brother's house with Mom, back in NJ for the holiday for the first time in a couple of decades, then driving her back home and spending the night in the former Land of Dial-Up, then we're back on the road tomorrow morning to spend the first part of Black Friday avoiding as many shoppers as we can along the Garden State Parkway and NJ Turnpike. Yeah, good luck with that. Turns out I accumulated more than a few Thanksgiving-themed silly sites, so without further ado, here's a Tiny Hamster Thanksgiving care of Cute Overload:



It's almost time for the Gobble Games, reports The Mary Sue:



And Laughing Squid found a Thanksgiving'ish-song mashup:



I'm thankful I have family with which to celebrate my favorite holiday, I'm thankful said holiday is neither religious nor patriotic and is all about bounty and celebrating a harvest, I'm thankful that we've made it another year in relative physical comfort and that our month holidays (our birthdays, anniversary, Chanukah and my company's 10-day winter break encompassing Christmas, Boxing Day and New Year's Eve/Day) is fast upon us, I'm thankful for my job and my friends and family in the US and UK and anywhere else, and of course for whatever Pen-Elayne readers are still out there. For all those who celebrate today, have a wonderful, fulfilling and safe Thanksgiving!

0 comments: