Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Saturday, May 23, 2015

Silly Site o' the Day

Today I overheard someone talking about whether Mad Max was playing at the local IMax theatre, and wondered why I hadn't previously thought of Mad IMax. I wish I liked the action movie genre, this sounds like my kind of film. Definitely not my kind of film is Dawn of the Planet of the Apes which, although Andy Serkis does turn in his usual mesmerizing performance (at least in the 20 minutes or so I sat through while eating dinner), is so, so male that I never even saw an ape with dugs. Absolutely nothing in there to interest a female viewer. Talk about primitive! Also primitive are all-male panels, particularly ones featuring discussion about women as BoingBoing points out. I mean really, guys, basic equal friggin' representation, you know?

0 comments: